This week (19-25th September 2022)
The end is nigh – this weekend is our End of Season Gala Weekend
The Railway will be holding its annual End of Season Gala Weekend this weekend, Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th September 2022.
We will have miniature pipe organs, miniature traction engines, radio controlled cars, Rhoda the full-sized steam roller, garden railway gala, Bredgar & Wormshill Light Railway information stand and a bar at Kemsley Down.
Sittingbourne Viaduct to Kemsley Down
- 11.00am, 11.40am, 12.20pm, 1pm, 1.40pm, 2.20pm, 3pm, 3.40pm and 4.20pm
Kemsley Down to Sittingbourne Viaduct
- 11.20am, 12pm, 12.40pm, 1.20pm, 2pm, 2.40pm, 3.20pm, 4pm and 4.40pm
Locomotives: Premier (steam), Melior (steam) and Victor (diesel)
Coaches: Bowaters rake and Chattenden & Upnor Railway rake
Our return fares are:
- Adult – £7.50
- Senior Citizen – £6.50
- Child (aged 3-15) – £3.50
- Infants (aged under 3) – free
- Family (2A + 4C) – £21
- SKLR Members – free
- Well behaved dogs – free
- Other fares (including rover tickets) are available.
Autumn Work Weekends
After this weekend, the Railway will close until Santa Specials in December and then the 2023 Season which starts in April. In the meantime, we need help preparing the Railway for Christmas, then the Season. There’s lots to do, including setting up a new museum and reconstructing the platform at Sittingbourne Viaduct station to enable step-free access to the train. Find out more here.
Ticket sales are now open. It has also been confirmed that celebrity locomotive ‘Premier’ should be operating all of the trains this December. Click on the picture below for more details or click on Book Now to go to the booking site. Be quick, we sold out in 6 weeks last year!
This month at Sittingbourne’s Steam Railway:
- Saturday 24th – Gala Weekend
- Sunday 25th – Gala Weekend
Next month (October) at Sittingbourne’s Steam Railway:
- Saturday 8th – Annual General Meeting – 2pm train from Sittingbourne Viaduct, meeting starts at 2.30pm
- Saturday 22nd – Work Weekend – all members welcome to come along and help ready the Railway for Christmas
- Sunday 23rd – Work Weekend – all members welcome to come along and help ready the Railway for Christmas
Days shown in bold italics green should have Melior as the train locomotive.
Days shown underlined should have Premier as the train locomotive.
Days shown in black bold have two or more locomotives operating.
Days shown in plain black are currently unallocated to a particular locomotive.
Days shown in bold italics underline blue are Away Sales Events and not held at the Railway.
Days shown in italics orange are Work Weekends.