Fares & Tickets
Normal fares reinstated
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we had to change the way we operate the Railway. The Chattenden & Upnor Railway coaches have been converted to compartments to maintain safe social distancing, however, the latest change in rules means we are able to offer the ‘normal’ timetable and fares but if you’d prefer to book a compartment, you still can through TicketSource.
- Adults: single £4, return £7.50 or rover £10.50
- Senior Citizens: single £3.50, return £6.50 or rover £9.50
- Children (aged 3-15): single £3, return £3.50 or rover £6.50
- Infants (aged under 3): free
- Family (2 adults and up to 4 children): return £21
Travel safe – book a compartment
- Compartment (up to 4 adults and 2 children): return £20 advanced booking only, TicketSource exclusive fare.
- You must book before 5pm the day before travel – no further bookings will be taken after this time
- You will have the same compartment reserved on the next return train but this only gives you 20 minutes at Kemsley Down, you are welcome to catch a later train back to Sittingbourne Viaduct but you will not have a compartment booking, we will try to find you a compartment if they are available – ask a member of staff if you need help.
Advanced booking is provided for us by TicketSource, this is a UK-based business that is a specialist box office retailer. This is why the platform at Sittingbourne Viaduct station is shown as the stage in the booking system. The Sittingbourne & Kemsley Light Railway is absorbing the booking fee for the processing of your e-ticket. If for any reason you have to cancel your booking, TicketSource will process this so you will receive £18.44 not £20.
TicketSource also offer other services which are not included in the £20 fare:
- telephone box office bookings will cost £1.75
- a mobile ticket costs 50p but this is not required if you are able to display the e-ticket barcode on your phone on the day
- if you would like a physical ticket posted to you that will cost £1.75 but must be ordered more than 96 hours before the day of travel.
Compartments cost £20 – this is for six passengers i.e. a family of 2 adults and up to 4 children or up to 4 adults and 2 children. Please do not book for 5 or 6 adults.