This week (29th August – 3rd September 2023)
Last week of the summer holidays!
The green timetable will be operating on Wednesday and Sunday as we come out of the school summer holidays.
The locomotive will be Melior on Wednesday (30th) and Premier on Sunday (3rd).
You can book tickets in advance (only 20 tickets are available, leaving plenty of space for turn up & go passengers) or just turn up 15 minutes before departure time to buy your tickets at the ticket office and you’ll be good to go! We take cards and cash at the ticket office, Footplate Café and the Railway Shop.
This is the last Wednesday we’re running trains this year, so if you fancy a different location for lunch, a different venue for a business chat or to meet with friends, why not come along for a trip!
Trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station: 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
Trains depart Kemsley Down station: 1.35pm, 2.35pm, 3.35pm & 4.45pm
Limited pre-booking extended to the end of September
Due to popular demand, we have made 20 seats per train bookable through our ticketing agent, TicketSource, only return fares are available although you can upgrade to a rover ticket at the ticket office when you check-in. Booking closes 5pm the day before travel.
There will be a special Experience Fare for the first trains on Gala Weekend (30th September/1st October) which will involve a mixed passenger and freight train leaving Sittingbourne Viaduct station to Milton Regis (Asda) Halt where it becomes double-headed, steam & diesel, to Kemsley Down. More information on this will appear here soon!
The seats will be allocated to one coach of the four coach train, leaving plenty of turn up & go tickets available so if it is shown as sold out, there will still be plenty of seats available on the day on a first come, first served basis. TicketSource will apply a booking fee to your booking – to book, click on the button below.
Return fares this Season are:
- Adult – £8
- Senior Citizen – £7
- Child (aged 3-15) – £4
- Infants (under 3) – free
- Family (2 adults and up to 4 children) – £22
- Other fares such as single or rover are also available.
Please check our website, Facebook Page or Twitter (@SandKLR) before you leave home to make sure everything’s going to plan. Also, please note that there are roadworks on the A249/M2 interchange which often closes the A249 between the M2/A249 roundabout and Sittingbourne – use real time journey planners, such as Google Maps, to check your route – our car park is at ME10 2XD or on what3words we are: format.fits.trains
Give us your time or money!
- Money can be donated via our fundraising page – we are currently raising funds to put the Boiler back in Superb, reconstruction of the platform at Sittingbourne Viaduct station, cosmetic restoration of Alpha and of course Milton Regis Viaduct maintenance. Please add your preference or general in the text field when making your donation
- Time can be donated by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also buy items from our Amazon Wishlist which will be delivered to one of our members – in most cases there is a little bit of text explaining what we use the item for – it may not be as you expect! The list has been refreshed with some new items added, such as cat food!
- For more information visit our Donate & Support page.
- Wednesday 30th – Green Timetable – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm.
Next month (September)
- Sunday 3rd – Green Timetable – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
- Saturday 9th – Faversham Model Railway Exhibition – Faversham Model Railway Club exhibition at The Abbey School, London Road, Faversham, Kent, ME13 8RZ.10am – 4.30pm, adults £6, children £3, under 5s free. Free parking.
- Sunday 10th – Green Timetable – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
- Saturday 10th – Faversham Model Railway Exhibition – Faversham Model Railway Club exhibition at The Abbey School, London Road, Faversham, Kent, ME13 8RZ.10am – 4.30pm, adults £6, children £3, under 5s free. Free parking.
- Sunday 17th – Swale Vehicle Enthusiasts Club Afternoon – come and see a variety of road vehicles from across the Swale area – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
- Sunday 24th – Green Timetable – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
- Saturday 30th – Gala Weekend
- Sunday 1st October – Gala Weekend
On dates shown in Bold Underlined: trains will be hauled by steam locomotive Premier*
On dates shown in Bold Italics: trains will be hauled by steam locomotive Melior*
On dates shown in just Bold: trains will be hauled by two or more locomotives
On dates shown in plain text: we’re not sure which locomotive will be operating today
* subject to availability, may be changed at short notice.