This week (25th September – 1st October)
The Railway is now closed until Santa Specials in December. That’s not to say that nothing’s happening – we will be holding Work Weekends every fortnight from next week and other work is being carried out on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
On Wednesdays, our Gardening, Carriage & Wagon and Permanent Way (track) maintenance teams meet to work on various projects. The Permanent Way return on Sundays. The Locomotive Engineering team meet regularly but it is best to email for the dates they will be on site.
Work Weekends will be held on the following dates:
- 7/8 October
- 21/22 October
- 4/5 November
- 18/19 November
You can book your Santa Special trips now, availability is shown below (green = good availability, orange = train filling up and red = train full):
- Saturday 2nd December – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Sunday 3rd – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Saturday 9th – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Sunday 10th – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Saturday 16th – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Sunday 17th – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Saturday 23rd – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
Call 01795 428269 or download the booking form – fares are £13 for over 3s and £10 for under 3s. Children receive a present from Santa (there will be a selection to choose from), everyone else gets seasonal refreshments.