We really need your help to maintain and repair everything at the Railway from the track to the buildings, the gardens to the locomotives and carriages, so we have planned a number of Work Weekends.
Things to remember:
- we start at 10am and finish at about 4pm
- email firstname.lastname@example.org (by Friday) to arrange a lift from Kemsley Paper Mill car park, Sittingbourne National Rail or Sittingbourne Viaduct stations
- bring your own lunch (especially if we are working at Kemsley Down)
- dress in layers of clothes, particularly if it is cold outside
- wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or ruined
- wear work boots or shoes if possible
- if you have a ‘trade’ please advise us beforehand as we may have a specific requirement for your skills – email email@example.com
What are we working on?
- Premier maintenance
- Melior maintenance
- Alpha restoration
- Superb maintenance
- Chattenden & Upnor Railway Coach 204 rebuild
- General maintenance – carriages, wagons, buildings, grounds, track etc.
- Fitting out the new museum building
- Platform reconstruction at Sittingbourne Viaduct – Phase 1 (this sees prep work for Winter 2023/24)
The Winter 2023 Work Weekend dates are:
- 18/19 February
- 4/5 March
- 18/19 March
- 1/2 April
Please bring your own lunch. We work from 10am until about 4pm, mostly at Kemsley Down, email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange access as our site is within Kemsley Paper Mill.