This week, less a bit (1st-6th September)
Wednesday is your last chance this summer to ride on the Railway mid-week, trains revert to running to the normal four train timetable from Sunday.
- On Wednesday trains will depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station every hour, on the hour 1-4pm
- On Sunday trains will depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station every hour, on the hour 1pm-4pm
A round trip takes usually takes about an hour but it is recommended that you allow at least two hours for your visit during special events due to the story telling, Ivor rides and treasure hunt. You can also enjoy our Footplate Café, shop, museum, wildlife gardens, picnic area etc.
Fares are: £6 for adults, £3 for children (aged 3-13), £4 for concessions and £17 for families (2 adults and up to 4 children). Other fares, such as single and day rover, are available.
September is the last month of the 2015 Season:
- Wednesday 2nd – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 1-4pm
- Sunday 6th – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 1-4pm
- Sunday 13th – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 1-4pm
- Saturday 19th – SOS Film Night showing ‘The Lady Vanishes’ – doors open at 6.30pm for the film at 7pm, the bar will be open 6.30-10pm. Tickets cost £5 each and are available from the box office on 01795 471140, online or at the door on the night at The Avenue Theatre, Central Avenue, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 4DN
- Sunday 20th – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 1-4pm
- Saturday 26th – Gala Weekend – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station regularly from 11am until 4pm
- Sunday 27th – Gala Weekend – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station regularly from 11am until 4pm
After that the Railway will be closed for essential maintenance (see Work Weekends for more information) until December for the very popular Santa Specials – the train will whisk you from Sittingbourne Viaduct station to Kemsley Down where Santa and Mrs Christmas meet the train and lead everyone to the Footplate Café where hot drinks and seasonal refreshments will be given to the adults and older children whilst the younger children visit Santa’s Grotto where they will be able to speak to Father Christmas before choosing a quality toy from a wide selection exclusive only to the grotto – these toys will not be available to purchase in the Railway Shop. After Santa has been visited and the season refreshments consumed, there is time to explore Kemsley Down before the train returns to Sittingbourne Viaduct.
Trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct at 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm on:
- Saturday 5th December*
- Sunday 6th*
- Saturday 12th
- Sunday 13th
- Saturday 19th
- Sunday 20th
- Monday 21st
The fares are the same as last year:
- £12.50 for over 13s and adults – includes seasonal refreshments
- £12.50 for children aged 3-13 – includes a present from Santa
- £9.50 for children aged under 3 – includes a present from Santa
*There is an early Christmas present of discounted fares on the first weekend of December – up to £1.50 off all fares!
SKLR Members can save even more because they already have free travel on the Railway – see the New Bogie magazine or call the Booking Hotline for details.
The Santa Specials Booking Hotline is open now – call 01795 428269 or download a booking form from the Santa Specials page of this website.
See our SKLR 2015 timetable leaflet or 2015 – Poster – Season lores or trains by date.
Click on coloured text to see more information.