This week (29th March – 4th April)
We are delighted to announce that Sittingbourne Viaduct’s improvements are complete. The new toilet block has arrived and is now plumbed in and wired up, the new step-free access ramp has been cleared and is secured behind new fencing. As part of the ramp works, we have worked with an ecologist to secure a wildlife area along our fence line to provide a habitat for displaced wildlife.
This work was paid for by our £26,500 grant from the Government from their Culture Recovery Fund. Click here to find out more about Project Sittingbourne – this has been updated regularly to show progress throughout the winter.
A massive thank you to everyone who volunteered at Sittingbourne Viaduct throughout the winter and Lockdown #3 – the work carried out has been fantastic!
#HereForCulture @dcms @HeritageFundUK @HistoricEngland
We’re reopening on Sunday 2nd May 2021 – tickets on sale midday 1st April.
Due to Government COVID-19 restrictions we will NOT be reopening at Easter but we will be reopening every Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday in May. The COVID-19 social distancing train service will be in operation – ticket sales will go live at midday on Thursday, 1st April.
Let’s get back to work!
As the Government restrictions are eased, there’s still a lot to do to get the Railway ready for reopening in May. There will be work sessions at Kemsley Down on Easter Sunday, 4th April, and at Sittingbourne Viaduct on Easter Monday, 5th April.
Please email email@example.com for more information and to volunteer as we do need to manage the numbers on site. You must be a member of the Railway to work on site and have completed the induction course, this can be arranged by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The weekly Virtual Steam-Ups are back, every Wednesday 4-6pm on Zoom, you can also call in by phone now, email email@example.com for the password.
What’s happening this month (March)?
- Wednesday 31st – Virtual Steam-Up – Zoom chat 4-6pm, now with the ability to phone in
What’s happening next month?
- Sunday 4th – Work session – we will be working at Kemsley Down, email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer
- Monday 5th – Work session – we will be working at Sittingbourne Viaduct, email email@example.com to volunteer
- Wednesday 7th – Virtual Steam-Up – Zoom chat 4-6pm, now with the ability to phone in
- Wednesday 14th – Virtual Steam-Up – Zoom chat 4-6pm, now with the ability to phone in
- Wednesday 21st – Virtual Steam-Up – Zoom chat 4-6pm, now with the ability to phone in
- Wednesday 28th – Virtual Steam-Up – Zoom chat 4-6pm, now with the ability to phone in