This week (16th-22nd January 2023)
This weekend is a Work Weekend – and it’s a big one!
The Railway is closed until Good Friday (7th April) but that doesn’t mean there isn’t anything going on!
This time of year we hold our fortnightly Winter Work Weekends and the first one is this weekend (7/8 January).
This weekend we will be working as follows:
- Saturday 10am to 4pm at:
- Sittingbourne Viaduct station – preparatory works for the new platform, moving the Starter signal and various other tasks
- Kemsley Down – Carriage & Wagon will be working on the coaches
- Sunday 10am to 4pm at:
- Kemsley Down – Loco Engineering, rebuilding the back wall of the café, moving artefacts from the old to new museum and hundreds of other jobs.
Sittingbourne Viaduct station is located within Sittingbourne Retail Park (ME10 2XD). Our car park will be open and can be found at The Wall, Sittingbourne or on what3words at format.fits.trains
Kemsley Down station is located in Kemsley paper mill so if you are coming along (and you are most welcome to!) we will be working from 10am until 4pm. Please park in the paper mill car park (ME10 2TD) by 10am, alternatively, we can pick you up from Sittingbourne National Rail or Sittingbourne Viaduct stations – if you would like to attend please send an email to email@example.com so arrangements can be made.
Bring a packed lunch – there should be tea and coffee available. It’s going to be chilly so please wear layers of clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
You will need to be a member to work on the Railway, for insurance reasons, and we can process this at the Railway – this is a good time to join as your membership will last until the end of February 2024. Membership has its perks too – free travel on the Railway during the season and discounts to Steam & Beer and Santa Specials plus there’s our in-house magazine ‘The New Bogie’.
If you’re coming along to help please read the tips on this page before you leave home: Work Weekends page
This month (January)
- Saturday 21st – Work Weekend – 10am to 4pm – email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange access
- Sunday 22nd – Work Weekend – 10am to 4pm – email email@example.com to arrange access
Next month (February)
- Saturday 4th – Work Weekend – 10am to 4pm – email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange access
- Sunday 5th – Work Weekend – 10am to 4pm – email email@example.com to arrange access
- Saturday 18th – Work Weekend – 10am to 4pm – email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange access
- Sunday 19th – Work Weekend – 10am to 4pm – email email@example.com to arrange access