This week (12-18th June 2023)
The Green Timetable will be operating this Sunday
The locomotive will be Melior again this week.
You can’t book tickets in advance – just turn up 15 minutes before departure time to buy your tickets at the ticket office and you’ll be good to go! We take cards and cash at the ticket office, Footplate Café and the Railway Shop.
Trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station: 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
Trains depart Kemsley Down station: 1.35pm, 2.35pm, 3.35pm & 4.45pm
Return fares this Season are:
- Adult – £8
- Senior Citizen – £7
- Child (aged 3-15) – £4
- Infants (under 3) – free
- Family (2 adults and up to 4 children) – £22
- Other fares such as single or rover are also available.
Please check our website, Facebook Page or Twitter (@SandKLR) before you leave home to make sure everything’s going to plan. Also, please note that there are roadworks on the A249/M2 interchange which often closes the A249 between the M2/A249 roundabout and Sittingbourne – use real time journey planners, such as Google Maps, to check your route – our car park is at ME10 2XD or on what3words we are: format.fits.trains
Steam & Beer – tickets on sale now!
Our next big event will be Steam & Beer on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th June and this year, for the first time, you can buy your tickets in advance! You will still be able to buy tickets on the day (subject to availability).
There will be a selection of 18 real ales (two are stouts) and 9 ciders, other drinks and barbecued hot dogs and burgers will be available (subject to availability)
We have live music from midday until 10pm on Saturday 24th featuring local bands performing a 2-hour set on the DS Smith Stage and we have a more relaxed day planned for Sunday 26th June, Family Day, with Captain Jack Sparrow joining us again this year.
Special fares apply:
- £11 for adults
- £10 for senior citizens
- £7 for children (3-15)
- Under 3s go free
- £3 for SKLR Adult members
- Please note: if you are booking online, there will be a booking fee applied by TicketSource.
The fare includes the return trip on the train and entrance to the event at Kemsley Down. There will be no access to the Saxon Shore Way/Coastal Path during this event.
Real ales are £4 or £4.50 per pint and ciders are £4.50 per pint. That’s £2 or £2.25 per half-pint. They will be cooled using professional chiller units.
Full details of the bands, provisional beer list, timetable and how to book your tickets can be found here.
Give us your time or money!
- Money can be donated via our fundraising page – we are currently raising funds to put the Boiler back in Superb, reconstruction of the platform at Sittingbourne Viaduct station, cosmetic restoration of Alpha and of course Milton Regis Viaduct maintenance. Please add your preference or general in the text field when making your donation
- Time can be donated by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also buy items from our Amazon Wishlist which will be delivered to one of our members – in most cases there is a little bit of text explaining what we use the item for – it may not be as you expect! The list has been refreshed with some new items added, such as cat food!
- For more information visit our Donate & Support page.
This month (June)
- Sunday 18th – Green Timetable – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
- Saturday 24th – Steam & Beer – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 11am, 11.45am, 12.30pm, 1.15pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm & 9pm – live music from midday until 10pm. Steam locomotives Premier and Melior will haul the trains – more info on the Steam & Beer page.
- Sunday 25th – Steam & Beer – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station 11am, 11.45am, 12.30pm, 1.15pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm & 5pm – family fun with Captain Jack Sparrow. Premier will be hauling all trains EXCEPT the 11.45am and 1.15pm trains will be hauled by diesel locomotive Victor.
Next month (July)
- Sunday 2nd – Green Timetable – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
- Sunday 9th – Green Timetable – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
- Sunday 16th – Green Timetable – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
- Sunday 23rd – Green Timetable – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
- Wednesday 26th – Green Timetable – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
- Saturday 29th – Wild West Weekend – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 11.30am, 12.30pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm (please note there is no 1pm train)
- Sunday 30th – Wild West Weekend – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station at 11.30am, 12.30pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm (please note there is no 1pm train)
On dates shown in Bold Underlined: trains will be hauled by steam locomotive Premier*
On dates shown in Bold Italics: trains will be hauled by steam locomotive Melior*
On dates shown in just Bold: trains will be hauled by two or more locomotives
On dates shown in plain text: we’re not sure which locomotive will be operating today
* subject to availability, may be changed at short notice.