Steam & Beer update
The Railway’s annual Steam & Beer event will be held on the first weekend in July. This year it is sponsored by The Paper Mill micropub in Charlotte Street, Sittingbourne, and features a special real ale brewed specially for the event by Goacher’s Brewery called ‘Superb’, after the steam locomotive.
The draft beer list and fares for the event can be found by clicking on TIMETABLE & FARES then SPECIAL EVENTS and STEAM & BEER. Single, family and rover tickets are not available for this event.
Trains will run regularly from 11am both days. On Saturday, the last train from Sittingbourne Viaduct will be around 10pm whilst on Sunday the last train is at 5pm.
Highlights of the weekend:
- Over 30 real ales
- Variety of ciders and other drinks
- Hog Roast from 5pm on Saturday
- Live music from 2pm until late on Saturday
- The only opportunity to ride on the train late into the night on Saturday
- Captain Jack Sparrow will be recruiting new crew members on Sunday – dress as a pirate and you may win a prize!
- Craft activities for children on Sunday