This week and a bit – again! (24th April – 1st May)
Trains are running to the extended (yellow) timetable on Sunday and Monday which means that trains will depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 11am-4pm as this weekend is another bank holiday weekend and we see the return of Jack the Station Cat and Edward Bear for some bank holiday fun!
Jack the Station Cat is the star of a series of books, two of which include our railway, and Edward Bear is the Railway’s own mascot, appearing in his own series of books.
There will be a mouse hunt, book readings, crafts and the 5 inch gauge miniature railway running all weekend at Kemsley Down, sorry, Much Purring. For this event Sittingbourne Viaduct station is renamed Tails End and Kemsley Down becomes Much Purring.
On Monday, the 5 inch gauge railway will be formally opened by Roger Dilley, an illustrator of the Jack the Station Cat series of books. The 5 inch gauge railway is a free attraction with a donation boxes if you wish to make a donation.
Return fares for 2017 are:
- Adult – £7
- Concession – £5
- Child (aged 3-15) – £3
- Family (2 adults & 4 children) – £19
- Other fares available
- Special fares apply for Steam & Beer, Art in the Park and Santa Specials.
Throughout the Season, children aged between 5 and 11 can participate in The Wheels of Time which involves completing an activity sheet to receive a badge unique to the Railway, there are badges to collect at 24 other heritage sites around Kent, four are close to the Railway.
Work continues on projects throughout the year, to offer assistance please email email@example.com
Don’t forget that we are currently raising money to buy stays for steam locomotive ‘Premier’ and our third podcast of the new series – Sittingbourne’s Steam Railway Podcast is available here, at iTunes or You Tube. The best way to listen to it is through the Sittingbourne’s Steam Railway Podcast App which is available from your app store – you will receive bonus features too; such as monthly calendar pages and videos.
You can now download our timetable leaflet – SKLR Timetable 2017.
This month (April):
- Sunday 30th – Jack the Station Cat and Edward Bear Weekend – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 11am-4pm – there will be a mouse hunt at Kemsley Down
- Monday 1st – Jack the Station Cat and Edward Bear Weekend – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 11am-4pm – there will be a mouse hunt at Kemsley Down plus other activities for children. A new Jack the Station Cat book will be launched at the Railway on this day of the event
- Sunday 7th – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 1-4pm
- Sunday 14th – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 1-4pm
- Sunday 21st – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 1-4pm
- Sunday 28th – Teddy Bears Picnic – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 11am-4pm – accompanied children with teddy bears travel free
- Monday 29th – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly 11am-4pm