This week (24-30th September)
This weekend sees trains running frequently 11am-5pm on Saturday and Sunday as it’s the End of Season Gala Weekend.
It is planned that all three steam locomotives (Leader, Melior and Superb) will be sharing duties with the diesel locomotives Victor, Edward Lloyd and Barton Hall (subject to availability).
The intensive timetable will see trains changing locomotives at both ends of the line! There will be two rakes of coaches running: Bowaters Light Railway and Chattenden & Upnor Railway. The colour coded list below shows which trains have which engines:
- 11am from Sittingbourne Viaduct (SV) – Superb
- 11.20am from Kemsley Down (KD) – Leader
- 11.40am from SV – Melior
- 12pm from KD – Diesel
- 12.25pm from SV – Leader
- 12.45pm from KD – Superb
- 1.05pm from SV – Diesel
- 1.30pm from KD – Melior
- 1.50pm from SV – Superb
- 2.10pm from KD – Leader
- 2.30pm from SV – Melior
- 2.50pm from KD – Diesel
- 3.15pm from SV – Leader
- 3.35pm from KD – Superb
- 4pm from SV – Superb
- 4.20pm from KD – Leader & Melior double-headed
- 5pm from SV – Melior
- 5.20pm from KD – Leader
All timings and allocations are subject to change at very short notice.
Don’t forget that with our Rover ticket (£10 adults, £6 children and £8.50 senior citizens) you can ride the trains all day, better still, become a member and get that perk all year round! Click here for membership information. You can join on arrival at the ticket office, please bring a completed membership form with you.
We are also offering footplate rides at Kemsley Down for just a £2 (suggested minimum) donation to the Defibrillator Fund – look out for signs at Kemsley Down (subject to availability and time constraints).
At Kemsley Down there will be an exhibition marquee, the shop, Footplate Café, Museum etc.
In the exhibition marquee will be:
- Bowaters Models – buy kits and ready-to-run garden railway sized models of our trains (as well as those of other railways)
- Robert Sissons Sales including secondhand models plus his own range of books and DVDs (Sunday only)
- ‘Drive for a Donation’ model railway layout to raise money for the defibrillator
- Secondhand book sale to raise money for the defibrillator
- Membership, Volunteering and Santa Special information stand
Also on site will be Rhoda the Roller, the steam roller that ran from John O-Groats to Land’s End.
The Garden Railway will also be having a Gala Weekend with lots of visiting engines so don’t forget to drop by!
This will be your last chance to complete the Wheels of Time challenge this year – so pick up your form from the Railway Shop at Kemsley Down.
Please note that we have very limited credit/debit facilities – if possible please bring cash with you, the nearest cashpoints are at Morrisons and Sittingbourne National Rail station.