This week (21st-27th September)
This weekend is the last of the season:
- Saturday 26th – Gala Weekend – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station regularly from 11am until 4pm
- Sunday 27th – Gala Weekend – trains depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station regularly from 11am until 4pm
A round trip takes usually takes about an hour but please plan to stay longer so you can also enjoy the exhibits, our Footplate Café, shop, museum, wildlife gardens, picnic area etc. so you may wish to extend your visit and catch a later train back to Sittingbourne Viaduct station.
Fares are: £6 for adults, £3 for children (aged 3-13), £4 for concessions and £17 for families (2 adults and up to 4 children). Other fares, such as single and day rover, are available.
- After that the Railway will be closed for essential maintenance (see Work Weekends for more information) until December for the very popular Santa Specials – the train will whisk you from Sittingbourne Viaduct station to Kemsley Down where Santa and Mrs Christmas meet the train and lead everyone to the Footplate Café where hot drinks and seasonal refreshments will be given to the adults and older children whilst the younger children visit Santa’s Grotto where they will be able to speak to Father Christmas before choosing a quality toy from a wide selection exclusive only to the grotto – these toys will not be available to purchase in the Railway Shop. After Santa has been visited and the season refreshments consumed, there is time to explore Kemsley Down before the train returns to Sittingbourne Viaduct.
- Saturday 5th December*
- Sunday 6th*
- Saturday 12th
- Sunday 13th
- Saturday 19th
- Sunday 20th
- Monday 21st
- £12.50 for over 13s and adults – includes seasonal refreshments
- £12.50 for children aged 3-13 – includes a present from Santa
- £9.50 for children aged under 3 – includes a present from Santa
Click on coloured text to see more information.