This week (18-24th September)
The 2017 Season draws to a close this weekend with our End of Season Gala Weekend. Trains will depart Sittingbourne Viaduct station regularly between 11am and 4pm both days.
Unfortunately, due to volunteer and operational reasons, we will not be publishing the timetable until later in the week and the photo opportunities at Milton Regis (Asda) Halt have been cancelled. The timetable will appear in the latest news section when it is announced.
What will be happening though is this:
- Footplate Café will be open
- the railway shop will be open
- the museum will be open
- the Garden Railway will be running with various visiting engines, carriages and wagons
- regular passenger steam and diesel trains both days
- Paper Mill Micropub Beer Tent – an opportunity to buy and fill the 2017 Steam & Beer glasses!
- Bowaters Models will be displaying their range, with some items running on the Railway’s Garden Railway. They will also be announcing some more new models
- working steam roller
- see photos of Superb’s recent trip to the Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway
- find out how to become a member or volunteer at the Railway.
Return fares for 2017 are:
- Adult – £7
- Concession – £5
- Child (aged 3-15) – £3
- Family (2 adults & 4 children) – £19
- Other fares available
- Special fares apply for Santa Specials.
This will be the last chance this year that children aged between 5 and 11 can participate in The Wheels of Time which involves completing an activity sheet to receive a badge unique to the Railway, there are badges to collect at 24 other heritage sites around Kent, four are close to the Railway.
Work continues on projects throughout the year, to offer assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget that we are currently raising money to buy stays for steam locomotive ‘Premier‘ and the fourth podcast of the new series – Sittingbourne’s Steam Railway Podcast is available from iTunes or You Tube. The best way to listen to it is through the Sittingbourne’s Steam Railway Podcast App which is available from your app store – you will receive bonus features too; such as monthly calendar pages and videos. The July, August and September podcasts have been cancelled due to personal reasons but should be back in October.
The Railway will now close until December 2017 for the Santa Specials. The 2018 Season will start on Good Friday, 30th March.
Santa Specials tickets are available now for the following trains:
- Saturday 2nd December – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Sunday 3rd December – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Saturday 9th December – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Sunday 10th December – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Saturday 16th December – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Sunday 17th December – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Saturday 23rd December – 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm